Waqar Naseem Wamiq, Riyadh – Pakistan needs to enhance its share in the Saudi Economy as there is a lot of scope in edible items. Saudi Market imports more than US$ 21 billion of food products for its consumption which is expected to increase multiple times in the coming years and it provides an opportunity for Pakistani exporters. Consul General of Pakistan Jeddah Khalid Majid said this while meeting with Pakistani goods Importers in Jeddah. The purpose of the meeting was to interact with them and get first-hand knowledge about their views on enhancing Pakistan’s export to Saudi Arabia. A number of Saudi importers and their Pakistani representatives attended the meeting.
Khalid Majid advised Pakistani food product importers in the market to try to increase their share in the Saudi market. He said imports from Pakistan also needed to be diversified because Saudi Arabia is also a competitive market for other commodities like textiles. He added that we are here to provide confidence to the Saudi importers and if they face any obstacles in this regard, the Pakistan Consulate is available to assist them.
In addition, he said that both Saudi Arabia and Pakistan have added tourism and related industry to their preferential industry. Investors can bring the two countries closer by investing in these sectors.
Khalid Majid also visited some warehouses in the Industrial area where Pakistani goods are stored for the Saudi Market. He appreciated the efforts of the service providers. Consul General was accompanied by DG Hajj Mr. Ibrar and Commercial Consular Mr. Waheed Shah.
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, Saudi Airlines change their cabin crew uniform: Click Here.
- Secondly, Saudi Arabia’s new hyperloop project: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.