More than 250,000 expats left Saudi Market in less than 3 months as per the latest employment market data published in the third quarter of 2020. The latest report has been published in Saudi Gazette and the figures are released on General Authority for Statistics (GASTAT). After 257,170 expatriates or foreign workers left the Saudi Market, the number of expats reduced to 10.2 Million from 10.46 Million. 10.46 Million workers were the number of non-Saudi Workers in the 2nd Quarter of 2020.
More than 250,000 expats left Saudi Market in less than 3 months
However, the number of Saudi Employees is constantly increasing making it 82,000 in the third quarter of 2020. The total number of Saudi Employees in the workforce is around 3.25 Million, an increase from 3.17 Million in the 2nd Quarter of 2020.
Saudi Arabia has also seen an increase in the number of work visas allocated. An increase of 23,000 visas issued during the third quarter of last year. The total number of visas issued in the third quarter is 72,400 which is 23,000 more than the 2nd quarter 49,600.
The second quarter of 2020 witnessed the lockdown and ban on travel to and from the Kingdom, as part of the government’s efforts to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The third quarter of 2020 witnessed a decline of 56 percent in the number of work visas issued to the government sector by about 6,600 visas, bringing the total number to about 5,200 visas, compared to 11,800 visas in the second quarter of 2020.
On the other hand, there has been a significant increase in visas issued to the individual sector, by 265 percent, reaching about 20,800 visas, compared to 5,700 visas in the second quarter of 2020. Similarly, the number of visas issued to the private sector increased by a rate of 45 percent, reaching 46,400 visas in the third quarter of 2020, compared to about 32,000 visas in the second quarter of 2020, the GASTAT data showed.Source; Saudi Gazette and GASTAT
More from Riyadh Xpress
The Cloud Corniche | Abha | Saudi Arabia
Lakes Park | Watch complete directions & details of Lakes Park in Riyadh.
Looking for a refreshing adventure in summers in Riyadh? Watch out the latest video of Ain Heet Cave near Riyadh for hiking.
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.