Increase in demand for flexible work platform in Saudi Private Sector. The Ministry of Human Resources and Social Development in Saudi Arabia revealed that the number of establishments registered on the flexible work platform reached more than 3000 establishments, while the number of contracts documented on the same platform reached nearly 2,400 contracts from various regions of Saudi Arabia.
Increase in demand for flexible work platform in Saudi Private Sector
The ministry told Al-Arabiya that most of the work contracts documented in the flexible work platform were concentrated in the Riyadh region first, the Eastern region second, and the Makkah Al-Mukarramah region third, at a time when the percentage of females of those contracts reached nearly 30 percent during the past month.
It was added, “The highest activities that have benefited from the flexible work system since its launch until the current month of February are all of the activities of” retail and wholesale, stores and outlets, engineering and architectural consultations, general construction, and postal logistics. “
Ministry confirmed that there is an increasing demand from some establishments in the private sector to take advantage of this new pattern in the labor market to meet their needs of workers faster and at lower operational costs, especially in the retail sectors, while some establishments preferred to wait and did not start to activate their recruitment procedures in this manner, and from It is expected that there will be a great demand for employment in this type from the sectors of restaurants, cafes and tourism activities gradually, with the return of business to its previous status due to the precautionary measures.
It is noteworthy that the “flexible work” system is a system that allows contracting between the facility and the citizen to work for specific hours, without requiring the facility to pay leaves or end of service benefits.
According to the regulations of part-time work organization, the work contract must be in writing, with a specific period and the number of working hours, so that it is less than half of the usual daily working hours, whether the work is daily or on some days of the week, and it may be renewed for a similar period, or for a period agreed upon by the two parties,
The proposed regulation also obliges the employer to provide the protection granted to similar workers in terms of occupational safety and health and work injuries and if the work contract is terminated by one of the two parties without a legitimate reason. The aggrieved party could claim wages for the remainder of the contract period as compensation; Unless they agree otherwise, the worker on the “flexible work” system has the right to agree or refuse upon his request to work at any time without taking any action against him. (Source: Al Arabiya)
More from Riyadh Xpress
The Cloud Corniche | Abha | Saudi Arabia
Lakes Park | Watch complete directions & details of Lakes Park in Riyadh.
Looking for a refreshing adventure in summers in Riyadh? Watch out the latest video of Ain Heet Cave near Riyadh for hiking.
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Firstly, free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.