Waqar Naseem Wamiq, Riyadh – IHMEC is a project connecting professionals in planning, designing, building, and furnishing indoor hygiene spaces to form solutions. That is breaking the infection chain on touchable surfaces, on indoor air, and in drinking water.
IHMEC supported by the EU Interreg Central Baltic program. It brings together relevant clusters from Finland, Sweden, and Estonia who can offer new and tailor-made IH solutions. IHMEC Project Offers New Indoor Hygiene Solutions for Infection Prevention and Control to Support the Saudi Vision 2030.
One of the biggest threats to global health today is antimicrobial resistance. A growing number of infections, such as pneumonia, tuberculosis, gonorrhea, and salmonellosis. They are becoming harder to treat as the antibiotics used to treat them become less effective. The combination of globalization of both people and goods enables the global spreading of these harmful infections.
Additionally, healthcare-associated infections (HAI) are a major threat to patient safety. Traditional means of good hygiene are no longer sufficient. New solutions desperately needed to prevent the global spreading of serious infections.
Finland is a global pioneer in creating and implementing instructions on indoor hygiene. Existing long-term co-operation with researchers and companies has resulted in unique know-how in indoor hygiene solutions in Finland.
One result of the academic-industry co-operation is the first and only existing Indoor Hygiene Guidelines. Which can applied in e.g. healthcare facilities to prevent infections from spreading.
IHMEC is taking part in the Global Health Exhibition in Riyadh 10-12 September. To share the knowledge of infection prevention and control with the built environment.
The Indoor Hygiene Guidelines and solutions, together with new antimicrobial materials. Offer new ideas to transmission prevention measures and enable sustainable investments.
Through collaboration, the Indoor Hygiene Guidelines could be adjusted according to the national regulations of the KSA. One of the objectives of the Saudi Vision 2030 is to increase the capacity to welcome Umrah & Hajj visitors. Probably, from 8 million to 30 million every year.
Therefore, it is important to improve the level of infection control to reduce the incidence of infection through effective sanitation, hygiene, and prevention measures.
Combining the excellent know-how in health care sectors in Finland and the KSA. Together with the innovative new concept of indoor hygiene is the starting point of a mutually beneficial co-operation, both practical and scientific.
Lastly, the IHMEC concept level solution can help KSA in the infection prevention program, not only in healthcare facilities but also in mass gatherings like Pilgrimage.
Hence, the topic fits beautifully the Vision 2030 and the well-known interest of Saudi Arabia in developing the health of its residents.
More from Riyadh Xpress
The Cloud Corniche | Abha | Saudi Arabia
Lakes Park | Watch complete directions & details of Lakes Park in Riyadh.
Looking for a refreshing adventure in summers in Riyadh? Watch out the latest video of Ain Heet Cave near Riyadh for hiking.
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Firstly, free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Secondly, staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Thirdly, follow all the precautionary measures provided by the government of Saudi Arabia.
- Lastly, buy a protected face mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.