How did the people of Riyadh get drinking in the past. The professor of Saudi literature, Dr. Muhammad Al-Rabee ‘, a resident of Riyadh, narrated the ancient methods and methods used by the people of the capital to obtain drinking water and transport it to their homes.
How did the people of Riyadh get drinking water [Video]
Al-Rabeeh said that the capital in the past did not have a water network, and the people obtained water from the two hearts (wells). Among the most famous of the two hearts that the people relied on in the past were Qalib Fidha, Qalib Ubaidah, and Qalib Asheesha.
And he indicated that the individuals used to transport the water to the homes using buckets according to the need of each house for the water. After that, taps were placed at the two cores, and the people used to fill the buckets from them and get water through them.
He added that after that, the water hoses appeared, which used to extend from the taps to the homes, but the disadvantage of this method, which the people suffered from, is that what was cut off sometimes and wasted water.
More from Riyadh Xpress
Adhaan in Masjid-an-Nabwi | Madinah | World’s Famous Adhaan/Azaan
Elephant Mountain | Al Ula | Saudi Arabia
Al Ula | Fort | Old Town | Discover Saudi Arabia
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.