Google and Apple to release a Coronavirus tracking system on their operating systems iOS and Android. This step will help the countries and health authorities to minimize the spread of COVID19. The technology giants are currently working on it together and aiming to introduce it around mid-may 2020. So this is how it works.
Google and Apple to release a Coronavirus tracking system
The tracking will take place with the use of Bluetooth Low Energy transmissions and health organizations’ approved applications. The APIs will be introduced in mid-May and health authorities apps will be integrating or implementing it. The purpose of this system will be to trace the contact between people and minimize mass spread.
The Bluetooth will not track the physical location of people which reduces the debate of monitoring. Users will still provide consent of keeping this data temporarily for 14 days. However, the real function may not be available very soon as, after May, there is still much work to complete. This includes integrating the apps and then releasing it to all users.
Contact tracing can help slow the spread of COVID-19 and can be done without compromising user privacy. We’re working with @sundarpichai & @Google to help health officials harness Bluetooth technology in a way that also respects transparency & consent. https://t.co/94XlbmaGZV— Tim Cook (@tim_cook) April 10, 2020
All of us at Apple and Google believe there has never been a more important moment to work together to solve one of the world’s most pressing problems. Through close cooperation and collaboration with developers, governments and public health providers, we hope to harness the power of technology to help countries around the world slow the spread of COVID-19 and accelerate the return of everyday life.Apple.com, 2020
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress.
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.