Etihad Airlines further job cuts due to air travel decline reported in the latest update by Reuters. Etihad has already cut jobs and salaries due to the current challenge most of the airlines are facing. The current pandemic has reduced the travel demand and air carriers are struggling to keep everyone on payroll and maintaining the business.
Etihad Airlines further job cuts due to air travel decline
According to Reuters, the cabin crew has been told that there will be layoffs and the affected people will be informed within 24 hours. This came out as an internal email notification to the staff of Etihad.
It was also mentioned that expect to cut 1,000 cabin crew members including cabin staff and managers. However, the airline also employed 4,800 cabin crew as of February. The real effect to airline or impact of pandemic started from March when Etihad parked their A380s.
The source said that Chief Executive Tony Douglas had told staff its A380s would continue to be parked “indefinitely.”
Etihad this week said it would push ahead with plans to shrink the airline into mid-sized carrier concentrating on its wide-body fleet, raising questions about the future of its 30 narrow-body Airbus A320 jets.Reuters, 2020
More from Riyadh Xpress
The Cloud Corniche | Abha | Saudi Arabia
Lakes Park | Watch complete directions & details of Lakes Park in Riyadh.
Looking for a refreshing adventure in summers in Riyadh? Watch out the latest video of Ain Heet Cave near Riyadh for hiking.
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.