Saudi Customs clarified that the passenger’s personal things are exempt from customs duties. Provided that their value does not exceed 3,000 Saudi Arabian Riyals.
This came in response to a question on the official Twitter account of the Saudi Customs on Tuesday.
However, the personal shipments are exempt from customs duties if the total value of purchases is less than 1,000 Saudi Arabian Riyals (including the value of the goods and freight charges).
Saudi Customs stated that 15% value-added tax will be imposed on imported goods.
In response to a citizen’s question about importing a car from the UAE, Saudi Customs explained that the last manufacturing year allowed to enter is 2016, provided that it conforms to Saudi specifications and standards and the fuel economy standard, and customs duties are 5% of the vehicle’s value, and value-added tax is applied 15%.
Saudi Customs also added that the value-added tax is added to the value of goods imported from the Gulf states at a rate of 15% in addition to shipping fees, customs fees and any other fees, until the application of the electronic services system among the Gulf countries begins.
In a related context, Saudi Customs clarified that the regular period for the foreign vehicle to remain is 3 months, and upon exceeding this period a fine of 20 riyals is imposed for each day of delay, not exceeding 10%.
Source: Al Arabiya
More from Riyadh Xpress
Adhaan in Masjid-an-Nabwi | Madinah | World’s Famous Adhaan/Azaan
Elephant Mountain | Al Ula | Saudi Arabia
Al Ula | Fort | Old Town | Discover Saudi Arabia
Stay Safe by following precautionary measures given by the government
- Free movement with taking care of precautionary measures given by the government. Cautiously we returned to normal life.
- Staying at home can be very boring if you don’t have anything to do, we have made a list of things to do here.
- Buy protected mask: Click Here
Finally, follow Riyadh Xpress’s:
In addition, check out the latest articles by Riyadh Xpress
- Firstly, King Salman urged the world to respond to the human crises causes by Covid-19: Click Here.
- Secondly, Social Distancing Measures implemented in supermarkets: Click Here.
- Thirdly, the latest penalties on Iqama: Click Here.
- Fourthly, Disabled parking violation/fine in Saudi Arabia: Click Here.
- Lastly, hackers attack again to get your personal data: Click Here.
Check out the most viewed articles
- Firstly, one riyal shop in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Secondly, 5 Riyals Mall in Riyadh: Click Here.
- Thirdly, Riyal al Barakah: Click Here.
- Lastly, 20 new changes in Saudi Arabia in 2020: Click Here.